On October 26, 1848, the first Consistory of the Petersburg Reformed congregation was installed by the Rev. E. W. Reinecke.  George Weller and Daniel Mangel were the Elders, Daniel Mohn and Peter Gottshall the Deacons.  Nineteen men and twenty-eight women participated in the first communion.

The congregation joined with the Lutheran congregation to build a church in 1848; the building of brick, now known as Zion Lutheran Church is still standing on the corner of Lemon and Broad Streets.

For 50 years the Reformed and Lutheran congregations worshipped in the same building and had a Union Sunday School.  In 1898 the Reformed congregation made an overture to the Lutheran congregation asking for separation.  The Reformed congregation withdrew and decided to build their church on a site on N. Main Street. The church building was completed in 1899.

In the early 1960’s it became apparent that Trinity church would have to consider enlarging their present facilities, or build a new church.  In 1966 the congregation purchased 3.8 acres of land on E. State Street to build a new church.  In 1967, ground was broken and a new cornerstone was laid for the new edifice.  The congregation moved into its new building in March of 1968.  Dedication services were held on Palm Sunday, April 7, 1968.